Saturday, February 10, 2007

Let's Go Fly A Kite

This morning as we were eating breakfast Grace announced, "I'm going to fly a kite today!" I looked outside at wetness and told her that we would not be able to fly one, because it was raining and probably would be all day. She seemed determined and later in the day reminded me that she was going to fly a kite today. I told her that we could go to the library and check out some books about kites. She agreed, and after Eve's nap we set out to the library. As I loaded the girls in the car I was glad to see the sky clearing up a bit...and by the time we left the library, we noticed that it was unusually windy. Grace seemed excited and I told her, "You were right, it is a great day to fly a kite!" As soon as we got home we pulled out our kite and Grace ran around the backyard with it flapping in the wind. She giggled and screamed in delight as she saw it rising above her head. Eve was watching in amazement and screaming right along. I don't know how Grace new it when she first woke up this morning, but it was the perfect day to fly a kite!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How FUN!