Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Party

It makes you feel great when, in the middle of a fun-filled birthday party, your new five-year-old looks at you with all sincerity and says, "This is the best birthday party I've ever had!" And it truly was! We had a great party last night that Grace helped me plan. She told me what kind of cake she wanted, who she wanted to invite, and even helped me decorate.

Aaron's family came over, along with a few of Grace's friends (including her primary teacher.) After a dinner of pizza and salads the kids had a blast going on a "scavenger hunt" for hidden treasure (I hid clues that led to a chest full of Hershey's hugs and kisses.) We ended the night with cake, ice cream, and presents. The birthday-girl was delighted to be surrounded by people she loves. What a great way to celebrate your life!



Reading the clues...and finding the treasure! (I made the treasure chest out of a tissue box and card stock.)

4 comments:

Tammy and Mark said...

How fun! That is great for Grace. It seems like it was a smash hit.

Julyssa Schenk said...

It looks like so much fun! Okay...LOVE that cake...where did you score those cool candles! You are amazing. LOVE you

Maren said...

I just got them at the grocery store. BTW, I can't wait to see the picture's from Nyomi's party!

Callen "Lewis by Trade" Cooney said...

I wish I could have made it to her party, she looks so cute. That cake is the best cake ever...I am gonna have to try that in the future.