Thursday, October 16, 2008

My Titles

There are a lot of things I could call myself. My titles are endless:
  • Book reader, critic, and repairer
  • Lullabyer
  • Silky finder
  • Button sewer
  • Dish washer
  • Moderator
  • Tear wiper
  • Potty trainer
  • Life Coach
  • Chubby cheek kisser
  • Floor moper
  • Lawn mower
  • Bike rider
  • Toddler dance partner
  • Tummy tickler
  • Culinary artist
  • Referee
  • Shuttle Service
  • Energy conserver
  • Interior decorator
  • Personal shopper
  • Rule enforcer
  • Reading, Science, Math, Social Studies, and Religion teacher
  • Shoe tier
  • Creative Art director
  • Handy (wo)man
  • Love sharer
  • Life giver
With all of these titles I've given myself, I have never labeled myself a "home-maker." I don't know why I've been afraid of the term. Maybe because it always sounded old-fashioned (almost Betty Crocker like.) But I've never really analyzed the term before. Home...maker: someone who makes a home! That is me! All of my combined titles equals some one who creates a welcoming home environment. Someone who is there to kiss my little girls' owies, or hug my husband when he comes home from work. And although it is still not my favorite term, I am more than happy to be a "home-maker."

1 comment:

Julyssa Schenk said...

you are prob. one of the best ones i know :)